Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services used for various ends, so let's review these. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a weblog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are often supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the load between individual hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share an immense amount of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your mail addresses. Some vendors offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to utilize as many video files as you desire without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to run a website. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At Aperture Hosting Portal, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content exclusively.